Russia, Warsaw and the Baltic States (Summer 2019)
Russia, Warsaw And The Baltic States (Summer 2019)
From a resurgent Warsaw, head to the thriving Baltic capitals. Your journey reaches its zenith with seven nights in Russia’s two imperial cities.
- Tallinn: Enjoy an authentic meal in a local restaurant surrounded by your newfound friends at your Highlight Dinner in Tallinn.
- Riga: Enjoy the vibrant colours and flavours when sampling some of the local delicacies as you wander through the maze of stalls in Riga Central Market
- Moscow: Your Celebration Dinner straddles the culinary East to West divide and includes drinks to toast your travels with your newfound friends.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Stay in Style
- St. Petersburg: The Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg, Ligovsky is situated in a fabulous location, close to many shops and historic buildings.
- Vilnius: Enjoy views overlooking the Old Town Square, from the verandah of Radisson Blu Royal Astorija Hotel.
Top Rated Highlights
- Vilnius: Explore the Old Town and see the Jesuit University, the Gates of Dawn and the former Soviet KGB headquarters, as you are led by your Local Expert.
- Warsaw. Your Local Expert will explain how this city that was once obliterated city, has been faithfully restored, thanks to art! Explore the Market square in the Old Town, see the tiered Palace of Culture and visit the Chopin Memorial and pay your respects at the Ghetto Heroes Monument.
- Trakai: Take in the idyllic lake setting as you cross the wooden footbridge to the red-brick Gothic castle.
- Vilnius: Visit the church of St. Peter and St. Paul and see the cathedral.
- Siaulai: Visit the unusual Votive Hill of Crosses.
- Riga. Sightseeing of Riga’s Old Town with a Local Expert includes a visit to the Domkirk and seeing the city walls, the House of the Three Brothers and the castle of the Livonian Knights.
- Tallinn: The Old Town is almost a scene from a fairytale and you will have the chance to explore, led by your Local Expert. Visit the market square and see the old German weighing house, pharmacy and Town Hall. If you’re feeling energetic, perhaps walk up Toompea Hill to see the castle and Alexander Nevsky Cathedral.
- St. Petersburg: Sightseeing with a Local Expert will show you St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the fortress of St. Peter and Paul and Decembrists’ Square. As you travel along the bustling Nevsky Prospekt, see the Cathedral of Kazan and the iconic Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood.
- Petrodvorets: Cruise by hydrofoil to Peter the Great’s Summer Palace, built to rival Versailles.
- Petrodvorets: Explore the formal gardens, bursting with awe-inspiring cascades, sparkling fountains and golden statues.
- St. Petersburg: With a Local Expert, explore the the stunning former Winter Palace of the Tsars, now the spectacular Hermitage Museum, one of the world’s greatest repositories of European art.
- Sapsan Train: Sapsan in Russian, translates to falcon. Relax in modern luxury and comfort while you swoop by rail from St. Petersburg to Moscow in just four hours.
- Moscow: Explore this fascinating capital with your Local Expert. Visit Red Square to admire the landmark buildings of St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Kremlin and Lenin’s Mausoleum.
- Moscow: Explore the opulent Metro stations, described as ‘underground museums.’
- Moscow: Visit one of the cathedrals when you venture inside the Kremlin.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the views as you travel through Masuria and along the Gulf of Riga.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- One-way Sapsan train journey from St Petersburg to Moscow is included.
- Complimentary transfers from Warsaw airport are available at scheduled times, on arrival day. Complimentary transfers to Moscow’s Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports are available at scheduled times, on departure day. If your flights are outside these times or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way.
Exploring the Proud Polish Capital of Warsaw.
Vilnius, Venerable Capital of Lithuania.
Vilnius and the Island Castle of Trakai.
Siauliai and the Art Nouveau Nirvana of Riga.
Riga Sightseeing and on to Tallinn.
Surrender to the Magic of Tallinn.
St. Petersburg: To Russia with Love
St. Petersburg Sightseeing.
Petrodvorets by Hydrofoil.
The Hermitage Museum.
High Speed Sapsan Train to Moscow.
Moscow, a Russian Revelation.
Moscow and The Kremlin.